Monday 12 November 2012

Upcoming first show...

25th Oct.
So I am preparing for my first proper solo show which I will be playing alongside the ABSO Retards, Matt Black and the Emulsions amongst other special guests. Of course having a 9 week old baby means that most practices have to be played to her. Therefore I have no idea what anything sounds like loud.

I feel like it's a bit of a bold move having written all new material (and even a new Billy Bragg cover) but in my head I feel it's the right thing to do. Even though I could quite happily play Roots Radicals and the old CJD alternate versions for the rest of my existence it's time to step things up a notch and see if this old rum addled brain can still write a catchy ditty.

I tell myself at least once a day that I will re record the songs so I can have a half decent demo ep but being that I am still working quite hard on sleeping properly that will have to wait tll i have some more energy and some actual spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment